After Bo, Vlad, and Anthony Alford, our magnificent Large Adult Sons, beat the crap out of the Orioles yesterday in Sarasota, the Jays handed the Trash Birds another lopsided loss today in Dunedin. Spring training doesn’t matter unless you’re beating the Trash Birds.
Things worth mentioning…
- Marco Estrada got the start and was very good. He tossed four innings and scattered one earned run off of four hits. He also picked up two strikeouts. Through three starts for the spring, Estrada has allowed just one earned run over eight innings.
- Ryan Borucki came into the game after Estrada. His outing was much better than his last time out in which he allowed five runs over one-and-one-third innings. This time out, Borucki allowed one run over two innings on one hit while picking up one strikeout.
- Tyler Clippard made his Blue Jays debut today. He inked a minor league deal with the Jays on Monday and is seeking one of the two or three open spots in the bullpen. He got himself off to a good start today, tossing a perfect frame in one inning of work while collecting a couple of strikeouts.
- The Jays put eight runs on the board, and while it wasn’t as exciting as Bo and Vlad and Anthony smashing the ball all over the place, there was some good stuff to mention. Devon Travis clubbed a two-run bomb, Kendrys Morales also hit a solo bomb for his first homer of the spring. Curtis Granderson his a double and now has a 1.535 OPS for spring. Randal Grichuk hasn’t missed a beat since hurting his wrist, as he drove in a run on a double.
- That’s four wins in a row for the Jays!