The Jays avoided the sweep today in Tampa, despite scoring a minimal 2 runs.
Things worth mentioning…
- Marco Estrada had his best start of the year, going 6 IP and staying in the game over 5 innings for only the third time this season. He allowed no runs on 4 hits.
- In his first start of the season, Anthony Alford scored a run and notched his first hit of the year.
- Luke Maile was fuego again today, gunning out a runner at second and then making a sweet play at home to end the inning.
— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) May 6, 2018
- Aldemys Diaz was carted off the field in the fifth, and according to Arash Madani, X Rays were negative for a fracture. The team did announce, however, that he suffered a left ankle sprain.
The Blue Jays announce Aledmys Díaz has a left ankle sprain, and that x-rays were negative for a fracture. He will undergo an MRI for further evaluation on grade of injury.
— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani) May 6, 2018
- Gibby was thrown out of today’s contest, being two games in a row he’s been ejected and the third time in 5 games. Unlike yesterday’s strike zone issues, Gibby had come out of the dugout to argue a balk called on Ryan Tepera in the eighth inning.