HOLY! The Jays went down 1-0 in the top of the first inning of this one on a run manufactured by Billy Hamilton’s speed, but hoo boy, did things ever change in a hurry after that. Twenty three hits — the third most in club history. Here they are (plus a few walks and a holy-shit-I-can’t-believe-they-balked-in-a-run balk), inning by inning:
- 1st inning: Donaldson walk.
- 2nd inning: Smoak single. Martin homer (2-1).
- 3rd inning: Donaldson single. Bautista walk. Morales walk. Smoak RBI fielder’s choice (3-1). Martin walk. Tulo GRAND SLAM (7-1). Travis single. Carrera single.
- 4th inning: Bautista Double. Morales walk. Smoak homer (10-1).
- 5th inning: Travis double. Carrera single. Travis balked home (11-1). Donaldson fielder’s choice RBI (12-1). Bautista single. Morales RBI single (13-1). Smoak single.
- 6th inning: Carrera single.
- 7th inning: Morales double. Martin double (14-2). Tulo single. Travis single (15-2). Carrera single.
- 8th inning: Morales double. Smoak walk. Martin HBP. Goins RBI single (16-2). Travis RBI single (17-2).
The Jays, it turns out, didn’t actually need to come to the plate in the ninth inning. Basically, the 2015 version of their offence showed up for this one.
Top of the 1st 😕
Literally everything else 🤤🤤🤤
Tulo Slam 💣💣💣💣
Stro Show 😎
7 multi-hit games 😂
— Blue Jays Nation (@thejaysnation) May 30, 2017
THAT WAS FUN. MOAR PLEAZE!