So a game happened today!
The Phillies sent half of their team to Lakeland to take on the Tigers this afternoon, and the other half stayed in Clearwater to welcome the Blue Jays. Jaime Garcia picked up his second win of the spring as the Jays beat the Phillies 6-4.
Things worth mentioning…
- Jaime Garcia pitched five scoreless innings, striking out three and not walking a batter. He kept the ball on the ground and in the infield for pretty much his entire start. Only one hitter managed to get the ball into the outfield, which was a Carlos Santana double in the second inning. He’s given up just two earned runs all spring in nine innings. SP5 baby.
- Josh Donaldson, noted hater of spring, was back in the lineup today after missing a bit of time with calf cramping. He stayed in for three at-bats and hit a single.
- Devon Travis had a long afternoon at the plate, going hitless in four at-bats with three strikeouts.
- Roberto Osuna still hasn’t allowed a run this spring. He pitched another scoreless inning this afternoon, bringing his Spring Training totals to five innings pitched, no runs, five strikeouts and not a single walk. Don’t Panic is on year round, huh?
- Aaron Loup faced two hitters and struck both of them out. The lefty is up to nine Ks and no walks in 5.2 spring innings.